Communication & Outreach Specialist
Job Announcement - Position Description
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (Foundation) – a private, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening and promoting U.S. national marine sanctuaries - is seeking a Communication and Outreach Specialist, who will work with the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary in Key West, Florida. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic communications program to promote the Foundation’s work and support the sanctuary’s mission.
Communications Specialist will:
- plan, develop and implement communication strategies to promote and support the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary’s mission and work, including creating messaging and materials to inform, educate, and inspire key audiences which include businesses, press, potential funders, partners, government leaders, non-governmental organizations, and the public;
- be responsible for internal and external public relations, media relations, and community relations;
- represent the Sanctuary and Foundation to a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- is responsible for communications and public relations activities to raise awareness of the Sanctuary and its work;
- produce content for all digital and physical platforms;
- manage day-to-day outreach and engagement through print, digital, and social media channels;
- provide communications and marketing tools and tactical support for the Sanctuary; and,
- serve as liaison with the Sanctuary’s stakeholders, and partners.
Full details about the position can be found on the Foundation's web site at www.marinesanctuary.org/career
To apply: Applications should include a cover letter, resume, list of references and several writing samples to email@example.com. Be sure to reference "FK Communication and Outreach Specialist" in the subject line of all email correspondence. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Applications received prior to March 15, 2017 will be preferred. No phone calls please.