Education and Outreach
Increased education and outreach is often raised as a solution to address many of the issues impacting sanctuary resources. As part of the regulatory review, the Sanctuary Advisory Council requested an update on the range of education and outreach programs and resources the sanctuary conducts, which was presented at the April 16, 2013 meeting. No Motion was developed.
Relevant Advisory Council Meetings
Presentations on Education and Outreach
April 16, 2013 Presentation: Education, Outreach and Media Activities and Products (5,500 kb)
Note: Outreach and education is also discussed in Secton 2.4 on page 36-7 of the Sanctuary Advisory Council Regulatory and Zoning Alternatives Development Work-Plan Actions for Review and Recommendation (pdf, 4,464 kb).
Priority Workplan Items
- Shallow Water Wildlife and Habitat Protection
- Coral Reef Ecosystem Restoration
- Ecosystem Protection: Ecological Reserves, Preservation Areas and Wildlife Protection
- Artificial Habitats
- Permit Procedures and Adaptive Management
- Study Areas and Boundary Modifications
- Personal Watercraft Tours / Fishing Conflicts
- Water Quality
- Fishery Management Coordination