Tortugas Ecological Reserve North Access Permits
Visitors wishing to stop in the Tortugas Ecological Reserve (TER) North section of the Tortugas Ecological Reserve or tie up to the reserve’s mooring buoys must obtain a free, no-paperwork entry permit. Permits must be requested at least three days, but no longer than one month, prior to planned entry into the reserve. The maximum duration of any permit is two weeks.
Stopping in TER North without a permit is not allowed. Permitted visitors to TER North must use one of its 12 mooring buoys. Mooring buoys are available on a first come, first serve basis. Anchoring is prohibited. Diving and snorkeling are allowed.
Vessels may not stop in the Tortugas Ecological Reserve (TER) South but may pass through the area without interruption with fishing gear stowed, meaning that the gear is not available for immediate use.
Apply for a Tortugas Ecological Reserve North Access Permit
- Vessel owner information (name, address, and phone number)
- Vessel operator information (name, address, and phone number)
- Applicant’s information (name, address, and phone number)
- Number of divers
- Vessel name
- USCG documentation, state license or registration number
- Home port
- Vessel length & propulsion type (e.g., outboard, I/O, inboard, sail)
- Requested effective date and duration of permit (maximum 2 weeks)
Dry Tortugas National Park Permits